Thank you for your suggestions of the new features you’d like added to the Joy Of Text Pro plugin. It’s been great to hear how you’re using the plugin and I really appreciate all of your feedback.
Version 2.0.10 is currently under development and will include the following features
- The ability to send MMS picture messages (currently only available through Twilio in Canada and the US).
- Support for WordPress Multisite, allowing the plugin to be installed in a WordPress network (a multi site licence will be required).
- The addition of a new new user role called “Joy Of Text User”. A user created with the new role, will see the plugin available to them via the WordPress dashboard, allowing you to give non-admin users access to a restricted version of the plugin.
- The addition of new capabilities called “JOT_user_capability” and “JOT_admin_capability”. Assigning the “JOT_user_capability” will add a link to the plugin in the WordPress dashboard. Users with granted “JOT_user_capability” will have be have some of the plugin’s options restricted, for example the SMS routing, remote commands and group invites options will be unavailable. Whilst users with the “JOT_admin_capability” capability, will have full unfettered access to all of the plugin’s functions.
Some other recently added features are:
- The addition of %firstname%, %lastname% and %fullname% variables for inclusion in messages.
- The inclusion voice gender and language options for text-to-voice messages.
- The inclusion group member download button, allowing group members to be downloaded to a CSV file.
- The addition of filtering on the “Message History” tab and messsage history retention options.
- The ability to enter multiple numbers, separated by commas, on the subscription input form.
- The inclusion of Group opt-out keywords, allowing subscribers to opt out of receiving messages.
All of these new functions have been suggested by you, so please keep the ideas coming.