The latest version of the Joy Of Text pro is now available for download.
The latest version, V2.0.11 includes the following new features:
- Automatic updates from the WordPress dashboard and a licence key.
- Allows a subscription keyword to be specified for each group. People can text the keyword to your Twilio number to be subscribed to the group.
- Added extended member information, such as email address, address, state, zipcode
- Made it easier to select your message recipients, by adding a new “message recipients” dialog.
- Allowing either a mobile phone number or an email address to be used for routing of inbound SMS messages.
- Option to simplify message history, showing only the latest message in each conversation thread.
- Added member name (if known) on message history.
- Included default sender ID used for welcome and opt-out messages
- Changed the database layout, so there is only one record for each phone number.
- Twilio number verification and country codes – new numbers entered will be verified by Twilio, to ensure the number is valid.
- Implementing auto-add groups. Allowing the numbers from inbound SMS messages to be automatically added to chosen groups.
- Adding a welcome message for new inbound SMS numbers.
- Made the routed SMS notication message configurable by an admin.
- Added new commands for sending an SMS messages remotely.
- Updated remote command syntax to allow forward slashes “/” or square brackets “” to be used for commands
- Added a link to sent media in Message History.
- Added field reset button on Messages tab.
- Changed the character set and collation on the JOT database tables to support unicode characters.
Please try out the demo here
The next item on the development roadmap, is a new extension to the Pro version, that will allow SMS, voice and MMS messages to be scheduled. The scheduling plugin will be a separate downloadable plugin.
Thank you again for all of your suggestions and great comments. It’s really appreciated.