The Joy of Text (or JOT) WordPress SMS plugin provides a great way of connecting with your customers, blog subscribers or club members. This plugin allows you to send SMS, MMS and voice messages to a group or to individuals. The Pro plugin is an upgrade to the Joy Of Text Lite plugin, providing a whole host of extra features (see feature comparison).
To use this plugin you will need a Twilio account and number. If you don’t have a Twilio account, you can sign up for a free trial account, then see what the JOT plugin can do for you. Twilio’s charges are explained here. If you’re new to Twilio or upgrading your existing account from a trial to full account, you can get $10 credit by using this referral link.
As discussed in this article, SMS messages have “open rate” of 98%, i.e. 98% of all SMS messages sent, are opened by the recipient. This compares to only 22% of emails sent, so engage with your customers, by sending SMS messages from the JOT plugin.
- Allows SMS, MMS, text-to-voice or audio file messages to be sent a group or individuals.
- Receive SMS and MMS messages.
- Create as many user groups as you wish.
- Add a wide variety of merge tags to your messages.
- Integration with the WordPress user database. Creating groups from existing WordPress roles and allowing you to use an existing phone number meta field.
- Create one or more subscription forms, using Gravity Forms or the built-in JOT forms, allowing website visitors to subscribe to SMS updates.
- Use a confirmation code with the built-in JOT forms during the subscription process.
- Send auto-response 'welcome' messages to new subscribers.
- Support for Twilio's Messaging Services, which distributes your outbound messaging traffic evenly across a pool of Twilio phone numbers.
- Support for "opt-outs", so your subscribers can choose not to receive messages.
- Receive notifications by SMS or email address, when you receive an SMS or new subscription.
- Includes a 'virtual phone' interface, allowing you have a two-way SMS text conversation.
- Sends SMS notifications for Woocommerce orders.
- Allows you to send messages to your Woocommerce customer base.
- Supports WordPress multisite networks.
- New numbers entered are verified by Twilio, to ensure the number is valid.
- Support for Emojis in SMS messages.
- One time payment with life time license to use the product.
- First class support for 12 months.
- Upgrades for 12 months.
- Continued development, adding features suggested by existing customers.
Other Features include....
The Joy Of Text Pro plugin includes the following features:
- Shows the history of all successfully sent and received messages.
- Provides remote commands that can be issued from an administrator's cell phone, allowing group details to be retrieved and messages to be sent to groups remotely, without logging into the WordPress dashboard.
- Support for Twilio's Sender ID capability on SMS and MMS messages. This replaces your Twilio number with some text, such as your company name, allowing you to add branding to your text messages. (Not supported by Twilio in the US).
- Integration with WooCommerce, allowing your Woo customers to synchronised with a Joy Of Text group, so you can send them messages.
- Includes an admin and user role and new capabilities for WordPress Multisite users or for making the plugin available to non-admin users.
- Allows a subscription keyword to be specified for each group. People can text the keyword to your Twilio number to be subscribed to the group.
- Provides a "bulk import" facility, allowing your existing customer's or member's details to be imported into the JOT plugin.
- Receive notifications if someone unsubscribes from a group.
- Allows selection of all media types for MMS messages. Allowing all of the media file types that Twilio supports to be sent in MMS messages.
- Allows members lists to be downloaded into a CSV file
- Support for WordPress multisite networks and cross network activation of the plugin.
- Automatic updates from the WordPress dashboard and a licence key.
- Implementing auto-add groups. Allowing the numbers from inbound SMS messages to be automatically added to chosen groups.
- Support for unicode characters.
- Allows the gender and language to be chosen for text-to-voice messaging.
- Support for the JOT Scheduler extension plugin.
- Support for SQLlite.
- Show the message price when hovering over the status field on the History tab.
- An SMS or email can be sent to an admin user, when new member subscribes to a group.
Single site and multi-site options are available.
The single site licence, permits installation of the plugin on a single site and includes support and upgrades for 1 year from the date of purchase.
The multi-site option, allows installation for up to 6 standalone sites (or 6 WordPress multisite network subsites) and also includes support and upgrades for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Licence renewals are available with a discount of 30% off the current sale price.
When you purchase the plugin, a recurring annual renewal is created (with 30% discount), which will automatically renew your licence, providing a further years support and upgrades. The annual renewal can be cancelled at any time.
If your licence does expire, then the plugin will continue to work, but no new upgrades will be issued and support will no longer be provided.
The Joy Of Text Pro has been downloaded 829 times!
The Small Print
Since refunds will not be issued after the completion of an order, please contact [email protected] if you require further clarification about the plugin's features before purchasing. If you already have a Twilio account, why not check out the plugin's demo site?
Extensions to the plugin are also available:
You May Also Be Interested In......